Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Reflection Task 1a

Reflection Task 1a

As a student of METU, I would like to join the Mountaineering and Winter Sports Club. I have always been interested in open air activities. I really like being in the nature far from the crowd and noise of the city. I am quite experienced about walking long hours on difficult landscapes. I owe that experience to the military service. During the preparatory phase of the military service, I walked hundreds of kilometers of distance on mountains, valleys or plains. It was both at night and under sunlight. Having your bag, mat and food with you gives you the chance to get free in the nature. It is a plain and exciting way of life. I am quite experienced about using ropes and the styles of knits. Also reading maps, using the compass and finding location in the landscape according to the map is an area I know much about. I am also experienced about tents. I can teach about these issues with great pleasure. I also like winter sports very much. I like snowboard very much and find it extremely enjoyable. Skiing is also a winter sport I like. I have heard much about the events METU MWSC organizes. By joining the club, I would like to have the chance to become a part of those events. Those sort of events can be carried out in only clubs and they are hard to be done on one’s own. I guess there are a lot of things I can learn from other people in the club. And I also can share my experience with the other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment