Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Reflection Task 3

My Candidate For The Person Of The Year
To be honest, I have been thinking hard for the last 20 minutes on whom to nominate for the person of the year and guess what? I have no idea!!! This must be because of the fact that I actually pay no attention to the artificial reflections of the life out of my personal sphere and the fictive characters that we can all see on every kind of screen. So, I can’t think of anybody else other than me for the person of the year 2015. Yes, you heard right. For me it is me, myselfJ First of all, being still alive in the year 2015 is a great success of mine, or I might correct it; it is a great chance of mine or a great gift presented to me. Do you wonder why it is something great just to be alive, as it is something so ordinary? Let me explain. I arrived on the verge of death on May 15th, 2014 because of a tragicomic bike accident on Büyükada. I had to stay in the hospital from 14/05/2014 to 13/06/2014. The least serious of the injuries I had was a left hand wrist radius distal end fracture. The more serious one was an internal bleeding of grade 3 in the spleen. Thanks god it wasn’t grade 4 or higher, because if so, I would have had to have my spleen taken out, and loose an integral part of my immune system. Nonetheless, I had to be fed with just serum for a week lying on the bed loosing almost 9 kg in a single week. But still this wasn’t the most serious of the injuries. At the end of that first week of false diagnosis of the fuckingly stupid doctors, it was found out that I also had an internal bleeding of the left lung out of a fracture of the 9th costa or rib. And I was about to die out of the collected blood between the pleura and the lung. A woman doctor on the 8th day of the hospital stay, dug a 1 cm diameter entrance below my left shoulder and inserted a tube to the close neighborhood of my left lung. With local anesthesia!!! I could follow her cut me and press that plastic tube hard amid my ribs. It really hurt!!! And she said; cough now! After a small cough of mine, there was half liters of blood in the bottle on the other edge of the tube. Stupid doctors caused me to live with that pain for a week, being unable to breathe!!! And I had to live in the hospital for the following 3 weeks. Thanks to god, I recovered to a great extent just after the second month. So, living a second life, I am the person of the year for myselfJ thanks to god of course!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment